|Apparition at the Circus Original
Color Lithograph by Marc Chagall
|Apparition at the Circus Lithograph
Framed and Matted in Acid-Free Materials
Original lithograph in colors on white wove paper by Marc Chagall. Titled Apparition at the Circus, the lithograph shows circus performers juxtaposed over each other in a dreamlike vision. Published in Chagall, Lithograph II by Andre Sauret, Monte Carlo in 1963. This is from the unsigned edition of several thousand. (It was printed at the same time and from the same stones as the signed and numbered version.) This piece is number 392 in Mourlot’s Catalogue Raisonne of Chagall’s Lithographs.
– Title: Apparition at the Circus
– Artist: Marc Chagall (Russian/French, 1887-1983)
– Year: 1963
– Image area: 11-7/8 inches H x 8-7/8 inches W (30.2 cm H x 22.5 cm W)
– Sheet size: 12-1/2 inches H x 9-1/2 inches W (31.8 cm H x 24.1 cm W)
– Frame size: 23 inches H x 19 inches W (58.4 cm H x 48.3 cm W)
In excellent condition, with rich colors. Framed in a silver frame and matted in black acid-free matting. Covered with UV-resistant acrylic to protect the fresh colors. Not previously framed.
Price is $795 USD. Certificate of Authenticity provided by J D Smith Fine Art. Free shipping to North American for this piece. Shipment fully insured.