This Piece Has Been Sold
|Bal au Moulin Rouge Original Lithograph
after Jules Cheret
|Bal au Moulin Rouge Lithograph
Framed and Matted in Acid-Free Materials
|Click on Image for Closeup View||Click on Image for Closeup View|
Original lithograph printed in colors on wove paper. Lifetime impression after Jules Cheret for the Affiche Illustrees series. Transcribed from Cheret’s full-size 1889 poster of the same title by artisans at Atelier Chéret and issued as a plate in the series Les Affiche Illustrees. Published by Jules Chéret and printed at Impremiere Chaix (Atelier Chéret), Paris. Advertising dancing at a masked ball at the famous Moulin Rouge cabaret.
– Title: Bal au Moulin Rouge, from Les Affiche Illustrees
– Artist: Jules Cheret (after)
– Year of publication: 1896
– Image size: 9-1/4 inches H x 6-1/2 inches W (23.5 cm x 16.5 cm)
– Sheet size: 12-1/4 inches H x 8-3/4 inches W (31.1 cm x 22.2 cm)
– Frame size: 18-1/4 inches H x 15-3/8 inches W (46.3 cm x 39 cm)
Only 1,050 copies of this image were produced. Many have not survived; many others have not survived in good condition. This piece was examined apart from the frame and found to be in excellent condition.
Heavy frame with a gold-on-wood highlights. Finished with acid-free black matte and covered by glass.