This Piece Has Been Sold
|La Pique Original Lithograph
by Pablo Picasso
|Framed and Matted
Lithograph by Pablo Picasso
|Click on Image for Closeup View||Click on Image for Closeup View|
Original lithograph in black ink on creme wove paper by Pablo Picasso. Titled La Pique (The Pike), the image shows a picador in the ring using pike on a bull. Dated 6.3.61 in the stone.
This work was originally published in 1961 by Mourlot of Paris. It was included in the publication A La Toros Avec Picasso, published by Jaime Sabartes in 1961. The stone was ground down after printing, so no additional prints could be pulled. References, Fernand Mourlot, Picasso Lithographs, M246, p. 272; Cramer, Pablo Picasso: The Illustrated Books, Pp. 280-281, Bloch, Picasso: Catalogue of the printed graphic work, 1904-1967, Vol. 1, 1014, p. 219.
– Title: La Pique (The Pike)
– Artist: Pablo Picasso (Spanish, 1881-1973)
– Date: 1961
– Image size: 12 inches H x 9 W inches (30.5 cm x 22.9 cm)
– Sheet size: 12-1/2 inches H x 9-1/2 W inches (31.8 cm x 24.1 cm) with full margins
– Frame size: 21 inches H x 18 inches W (53.3 cm x 45.8 cm)
Framed in a dramatic black frame with gold highlights and a gold fillet. Matted in an ivory acid-free matte and covered with UV-resistant acrylic.