|Portrait of Raymond Radiguet Original
Collotype by Pablo Picasso
|Portrait of Raymond Radiguet Collotype
by Pablo Picasso Framed and Matted
|Click on Image for Closeup View||Click on Image for Closeup View|
Original collotype in black ink on off-white wove paper by Pablo Picasso. Titled Portrait of Raymond Radiguet, the image shows the French author/poet Raymond Radiguet. Unsigned. Dated December 17, 1920 in the stone.
This work was originally created in crayon on transfer paper, intended to be produced as a lithograph. But the work was finally printed by collotype process in 1925 for the book of Radiguet’s works, titled Le joues en fou (Rosy Cheeked). Reference, Mourlot, Picasso Lithographs, M3, p. 3; Cramer, Pablo Picasso: The Illustrated Books, Cramer 14. p. 42-43, Bloch, Picasso: Catalogue of the printed graphic work, 1904-1967, Vol. 1, 38, p. 29.
– Title: Portrait of Raymond Radiguet
– Artist: Pablo Picasso (Spanish, 1881-1973)
– Date: 1925 (created 1920)
– Edition size: 1,100 on Lafuma pur fil wove paper
– Image size: 4-1/2 inches H x 3-3/4 inches W (11.5 cm x 9.8 cm)
– Sheet size: 7-1/8 inches H x 4-3/8 inches W (18.1 cm x 11.3 cm)
– Frame size: 18-1/2 inches H x 15-3/4 inches W (47 cm x 40.0 cm)
Framed in dark wood moulding with gold highlights. Double-matted in complementary acid-free matte and covered with UV-resistant acrylic.
Price is $480.00 USD. J D Smith Fine Art will provide a Certificate of Authenticity for the piece. Free shipping to North America on this piece. Insurance included in shipping.