This Piece Has Been Sold
|Buste D’Enfant, Tourne a’Droite
Original Etching by Renoir
|Buste D’Enfant, Tourne a’Droite Original Etching
by Renoir Framed and Matted
|Click on Image for Closeup View||Click on Image for Closeup View|
Original soft ground etching in brown-black ink on creme laid paper by French Impressionist Pierre-Auguste Renoir. Titled Buste D’Enfant, Tourne a’Droite (Bust of a Child, Viewed from the Right), this etching by Renoir shows a child from the chest up. Although the subject is not certain, it is generally believed it to be Renoir’s son Claude.
The etching was published in Theodore Duret’s book Die Impressionisten, Berlin, 1914 by Bruno Cassirer. It is documented in Dr. Joseph G. Stella’s catalogue raisonne of Renoir’s prints titled, The Graphic Work of Renoir, 1975, No. 22. Stella dates the etching to 1908; the book was published by Cassirer in 1914.
– Title: Buste D’Enfant, Tourne a’Droite
– Artist: Pierre-Auguste Renoir (French, 1841-1919)
– Year: Plate 1908, Impression 1914
– Reference: Stella 22
– Image size: 5-1/2 inches H x 4 inches W (13.9 x cm H x 10.1 cm W) to plate marks
– Sheet size: 8-5/8 inches H x 6-3/8 inches W (21.9 cm H x 16.2 cm W)
– Frame size: 23 inches H x 19-1/8 inches W (58.4 cm H x 48.5 cm W)
Strong impression. Framed in elegant antiqued silver frame and double-matted in acid free matting. All materials are acid free. Finished with UV-resistant acrylic cover.