|Mothu et Doria Lithograph Lithograph after Steinlen||Framed and Matted Mothu et Doria
ithograph Lithograph after Steinlen
|Click on Image for Closeup View||Click on Image for Closeup View|
Original lithograph in colors on wove paper. Lifetime impression after Theophile Alexander Steinlen (Swiss, French). Artist’s transcribed signature lower left.
Transcribed from Steinlen’s original large size 1893 poster advertising a play titled “Mothu et Doria: Impressionist Scenes”. This image was publshed in 1897 series Das Moderne Plakat, a collection of small sized poster images in German for art collectors. The series was published in 1897 by Jean Louis Sponsel and printed in Dresden, Germany. The sheet was inspected apart from the frame and found to be in very good condition.
– Title: Mothu et Doria, from the series Das Moderne Plakat
– Artist: Theophile Alexander Steinlen (after) (Swiss/French, 1859-1923)
– Year of publication: 1897
– Image size: 8-7/8 inches H x 6 inches W (22.5 cm x 15.2 cm)
– Sheet size: 11-1/4 H inches x 8-1/4 inches W (28.6 cm x 21 cm)
– Frame size: 18-1/4 inches H x 15-3/8 inches W (46.3 cm x 39 cm)
Heavy frame with a gold-on-wood highlights. Finished with acid-free black matte and covered by glass.
Price is $120 USD. J D Smith Fine Art will provide a Certificate of Authenticity to the buyer. Free shipping to North America on this piece. Insurance included in shipping.