This Piece Has Been Sold
|Motorcycles Comiot Lithograph
after Theophile Alexander Steinlen
|Framed and Matted Motorcycles Comiot
Lithograph after Theophile Alexander Steinlen
Original lithograph printed in colors on wove paper. Lifetime impression after Theophile Alexander Steinlen (Swiss, French). Transcribed from Steinlen’s original large size 1899 poster for a local French motorcycle company.
This image, Motorcycles Comiot, was publshed in 1899 in the monthly series Les Affiches Illustrees, a collection of small sized poster images for art collectors. This image is plate number 190 in the series. The series was published between 1895 and 1900 and was printed at Imprimeire Chaix in Paris.
– Title: Motorcycles Comiot, from the monthly series Le Maitres de L’Affiche
– Artist: Theophile Alexander Steinlen (after) (Swiss/French, 1859-1923)
– Year of publication: 1899
– Image size: 11 inches H x 8 inches W (27.9 cm x 20.3 cm)
– Sheet size: 15-7/16 inches H x 11-3/8 inches W (40 cm x 29 cm)
– Frame size: 26 inches H x 22 inches W (66 cm x 55.9 cm)
Conservation framed in a gold frame. Finished with creme linen matting with liner and matching gold filet. All materials are acid free. Set behind an acrylic cover.