|Portrait d’un Homme #2 Original Etching
by Henri de Toulouse-Lautrec
|Framed and Matted Portrait d’un Homme #2
Original Etching by Henri de Toulouse-Lautrec
Original etching in sanguine ink on wove paper by Henri de Toulouse-Lautrec. From the 1927 Floury printing of 200 copies in sanguine from Lautrec’s original plates. Signed in the plate with the artist’s monogram lower left of image. (There were also 200 impressions in black ink from 1927, and 25 impressions from 1911 in black, for a total of 425 impressions.) The subject is not known. Lightly inked.
This piece is one of several drypoint on zinc etchings Lautrec executed in 1898, but it was not published until after his death. This impression is from the book Henri de Toulouse-Lautrec, 1864-1901. Dessins – Estampes – Affiches, published in 1927 by Henry Floury. References: Jean Adhemar, Toulouse-Lautrec: His complete lithographs and drypoints, 276; Gotz Adriani, Toulouse-Lautrec: The Complete Graphic Works, 248; Wolfgang Wittrock, Toulouse-Lautrec: The Complete Prints, Vol. 2, 246.
– Title: Portrait d’un Homme (Portrait of a Man)
– Artist: Henri de Toulouse-Lautrec (French, 1864-1901)
– Year of execution: The plate was executed in 1898. This impression is from the 1927 Floury edition.
– Edition size: 200 in sanguine from this edition.
– Image size: 7-3/8 inches H x 4-7/8 inches W (18.7 cm x 12.4 cm)
– Sheet size: 10-1/4 inches H x 7-1/2 inches W (26 cm x 19 cm)
– Frame size: 17-3/8 inches H x 14-3/8 inches W (44.1 cm x 36.5 cm)
Elegantly framed in a gold-leaf gallery frame. Finished with double matte in warm grey and inner matte in complementary sand color. All materials are acid free and archival quality. Set behind a UV resistant acrylic cover.
Price is $480 USD. J D Smith Fine Art will provide a Certificate of Authenticity. Free shipping to North America on this piece. Insurance included in shipping. Please contact us for shipping to Europe.