Original lithograph in black ink on white wove paper by Henri de Toulouse-Lautrec. Artist’s mongram (signature) in the stone lower right. The Declaration is a lithograph prepared in 1898 by Lautrec, and issued as a cover of sheet music (with title and other text). After his death in 1901, the title and text were removed and the lithograph was reissued, once before 1923 and before 1926. This is from the 2nd reissue done before 1926. Estimated edition size is several hundred. References: Jean Adhemar, Toulouse-Lautrec: His complete lithographs and drypoints, 263; Gotz Adriani, Toulouse-Lautrec: The Complete Graphic Works, 298; Wolfgang Wittrock, Toulouse-Lautrec: The Complete Prints, 305.
– Title: The Declaration
– Artist: Henri de Toulouse-Lautrec (French, 1864-1901)
– Year executed: 1898 (the original plate)
– Year printed: This impression before 1926
– Image size: 11-1/2 inches H x 9-1/4 inches W (29.2 cm x 23.5 cm)
– Frame size: 26-1/4 H inches x 22-5/8 inches W (66.7 cm x 57.4 cm)
Conservation framed in antiqued gold molding and finished with double matte and gold fillet. All materials are archival quality. Set behind a UV-resistant acrylic cover.
Price is $1,420 USD. J D Smith Fine Art will provide a Certificate of Authenticity for the piece. Free shipping to North America on this piece. Insurance included in shipping.