Portrait d'un Homme
(Portrait of a Man) -
Toulouse-Lautrec etching in black ink on wove paper. From the 1927 Floury printing of 200 copies in black from Lautrec's
original plates. Signed in the plate with the artist's monogram lower left of image. (There were also 200 impressions
in sanguine ink from 1927, and 25 impressions from 1911 in black, for a total of 425 impressions.) The subject is not known.
This piece is one of several drypoint on zinc etchings Lautrec executed in 1898, but it
was not published until after his death. This impression is from the book Henri de Toulouse-Lautrec, 1864-1901. Dessins
- Estampes - Affiches, published in 1927 by Henry Floury. Reference: Wolfgang Wittrock, Toulouse-Lautrec: The
Complete Prints, No. 246, Vol. 2, Pp. 566-567.
- Artist: Henri de Toulouse-Lautrec
Portrait d'un Homme (Portrait of a Man)
- Year of
Execution: The plate was executed in 1898. This impression is from the 1927 Floury edition.
- Edition size: 200 in black from this edition.
- Image size: 7-3/8 inches H x 4-7/8 inches W (18.7 cm x 12.4 cm)
- Sheet size: 10-1/4 inches H x 7-1/2 inches W (26 cm x 19 cm)
- Frame size: 17-3/8 inches H x 14-3/8 inches W (44.1 cm x 36.5
Elegantly framed in a gold-leaf gallery frame.
Finished with double matte in pale grey and inner matte in dark grey. All materials are acid free and archival quality.
Set behind a UV resistant acrylic cover.
is $500 USD. Free shipping to North America on this piece. Please contact us for shipping to Europe. Insurance included in shipping. J D Smith Fine Art will provide a Certificate of Authenticity.