This Piece Has
L'Hareng Saur (The
Toulouse-Lautrec lithograph, with lettering, in
black ink on wove paper. Signed in the plate by the artist using the artist's monogram upper left of image. A proof
printed in 1978, apart from the numbered edition.
This piece is the cover art for a song sheet that Lautrec created in 1895 or 1896. The song
title is L'Hareng Saur, or The Smoked Herring. It was the 6th of 16 images Lautrec created for a series of sheet
music by Desire Dihau; the series was titled Melodies de Desire Dihau. Dihau was a well known Parisian basoon player
and friend of Lautrec.
- L'Hareng Saur, the 6th song sheet cover for a series of songs by Desire
- Year of Original Publication: 1895/6.
This impression is likely from the late 20th century; exact year unknown.
- Image size 12-3/4 inches H x 9-1/2 inches W (42 cm x 24 cm)
- Sheet size: 16-1/2 inches H x 12-3/4 inches W (42 cm x 32 cm)
- Frame size: 21 inches H x 17-3/8 inches W (53 cm x 44 cm)
- Edition size is unknown; not numbered.
in antiqued black and silver frame. Finished with white matte with grey inner matte. Set behind a glass cover.