|Woman Leaning, Looking Down, Original
Pencil Drawing on Paper by Mary
Cassatt from 1891
|Original Framed Drawing by Mary Cassatt,
Woman Leaning, Looking Down
|Mathilda X Collection Stamp Lower Left
on Original Mary Cassatt Drawing
Original drawing in pencil on white wove paper. Titled “Woman Half Reclining, Looking Down”, this drawing from about 1910 shows the outline of a woman’s head and shoulders. The woman is looking down at 45°. Contains Mathilde X collection stamp lower left. Reference: Adelyn Dohme Breeskin, Mary Cassatt: A Catalogue Raisonné of the Oils, Pastels, Watercolors, and Drawings, no. 929, p. 303.
– Artist: Mary Stevenson Cassatt (American, 1844-1926)
– Title: Woman Half Reclining, Looking Down
– Year: circa-1910
– Sheet size: 5-1/4 inches H x 4-1/8 inches W (13.3 cm x 10.5 cm)
– View: 4 inches H x 3-1/2 inches W (10.2 cm x 8.8 cm)
– Framed size: 15-1/2 inches H x 14-7/8 inches W (39.4 cm x 37.8 cm)
Very good condition with some toning of the paper. Framed in gold finish French-design molding and matted in creme linen matting, with complementary gold fillet. Covered with a UV-resistant acrylic cover.
Price is $6,200 USD. Certificate of Authenticity from J D Smith Fine Art. Shipment fully insured. Free UPS Ground shipping to North America. A unique, wonderful Impressionist work. A piece of European and American art history.