Original drawing in pencil on white wove paper. Titled “Woman Half Reclining, Looking Down”, this drawing from about 1910 shows the outline of a woman’s head and shoulders. The woman is looking down at 45°. Contains Mathilde X collection stamp lower left. Reference: Adelyn Dohme Breeskin, Mary Cassatt: A Catalogue Raisonné of the Oils, Pastels, Watercolors, and Drawings, no. 929, p. 303.
– Artist: Mary Stevenson Cassatt (American, 1844-1926)
– Title: Woman Half Reclining, Looking Down
– Year: circa-1910
– Sheet size: 5-1/4 inches H x 4-1/8 inches W (13.3 cm x 10.5 cm)
– View: 4 inches H x 3-1/2 inches W (10.2 cm x 8.8 cm)
– Framed size: 15-1/2 inches H x 14-7/8 inches W (39.4 cm x 37.8 cm)
Very good condition with some toning of the paper. Framed in gold finish French-design molding and matted in creme linen matting, with complementary gold fillet. Covered with a UV-resistant acrylic cover.
Price is $7,200 USD. Certificate of Authenticity from J D Smith Fine Art. Shipment fully insured. Free UPS Ground shipping to North America. A unique, wonderful Impressionist work. A piece of European and American art history.