Woman With Figs Original Etching
|La femme aux figues Original
Etching by Paul Gauguin
|La femme aux figues Etching
Framed and Matted in Acid-Free Materials
|Click on Image for Closeup View||Click on Image for Closeup View|
Original etching and lavis in black ink on Arches watermarked crème laid paper by Paul Gauguin. Titled “La femme aux figues” (The Woman with Figs). This impression is from the 3rd state of three states (Kornfeld, 25iii/iii), after Madame Delatre, the wife of Gauguin’s publisher, cancelled the plate. Printed in the 1970’s from Gauguin’s 1899 plate. (Generally attributed to Gauguin, some feel it was done by Gauguin’s friend Armand Seguin, or perhaps it was a collaboration.)
– Title: La femme aux figues (The Woman with Figs)
– Artist: Paul Gauguin (French, 1843-1903 )
– Plate etching date: 1899 (zinc plate)
– This edition: ~1000 printed in 1970’s from 3rd state after cancellation by Madame Delatre
– Image size: 10-1/2 inches H x 16-3/8 W inches (26.7 cm x 41.9
– Sheet size: 18-5/8 inches H x 25-1/4 W inches (47.3 cm x 64.1 cm)
– Frame size: 26 inches H x 31-1/2 inches W (66.0 cm x 80.0 cm)
Framed in an ornate, antiqued gold frame and matching fillet. Matted in off-white acid-free linen. Completed with a UV-resistant acrylic cover.
Price is $2,200.00 USD. J D Smith Fine Art will provide a Certificate of Authenticity for the piece. Free shipping on this piece to North America. Insurance included in shipping. An historic piece of Post-Impressionist art.