|Poesies Antillaises Original Lithograph
by Henri Matisse
|Poesies Antillaises Lithograph by
Henri Matisse Framed and Matted
Original lithograph in brown ink on Arches paper by Henri Matisse. A plate from the portfolio Poesies Antillaises, titled Hier, De Tes Doigts D’Or Pale, the image shows a local woman’s face set slightly to the left of center.
This work was originally drawn on transfer paper in 1946 to be printed as a lithograph. It was one of a series to accompany poems by John-Antoine Nau, a friend of Matisse’s. The lithographs were not printed until 1972, almost 20 years after Matisse’s death. Reference, Duthuit, Catalogue Raisonne des Ouvrages Illustrés, 37. Text on back; not visible from front.
– Title: Poesies Antillaises
– Artist: Henri Matisse (French, 1869-1954)
– Date: 1946 (printed 1972)
– Edition size: 275 (250 numbered portfolios and 25 HC)
– Image size: 13 inches H x 8-1/2 W inches (33.0 cm x 21.6 cm)
– Sheet size: 15 inches H x 11 W inches (38.1 cm x 28.0 cm)
– Frame size: 23-1/4 inches H x 18-3/8 inches W (59.0 cm x 46.7 cm)
Framed in a new wood frame. Double-matted and mounted in acid-free materials and covered with UV-resistant acrylic.
Price is $1,195 USD. J D Smith Fine Art will provide a Certificate of Authenticity for the piece. Free shipping on this piece to North America. Insurance included in shipping.