This Piece Has Been Sold
|Flute Player and Dancer (Series 347
Plate 169) Original Etching Etching
|Framed and Matted in
|Click on Image for Closeup View||Click on Image for Closeup View|
Original etching in black ink on Richard-de-Bas laid paper (watermarked La Celestine) by Pablo Picasso. Titled Flute Player and Nude Dancer, the image shows a flute player in headress on the left and a partial view of a nude dancer on the right. Unsigned. Dated June 20, 1968 in the stone. This is plate 169 from Picasso’s famous Series 347 etchings.
400 unsigned copies were published in the book La Celestine in 1971. This etching came from that edition. (There were also signed and numbered editions on wide-margin paper apart from the book edition.) References: Bloch, Picasso: the Printed Graphic Works, 1968-1970, Vol 2, 2004, Bloch 1649. p. 152. Cramer, Picasso: the Illustrated Books, 1983, Cramer 149, p. 358-361.
– Title: Flute Player and Nude Dancer (Series 347, Plate 169)
– Artist: Pablo Picasso (Spanish, 1881-1973)
– Date: 1968
– Edition size: 400 on Richard-de-Bas laid paper
– Image size: 3-1/2 inches H x 4-3/4 inches W (8.9 cm x 12.1 cm)
– Sheet size: 8-1/2 inches H x 6-7/8 inches W (21.7 cm x 17.5 cm)
– Frame size: 13-1/2 inches H x 15 inches W (34.3 cm x 38.1 cm)
Framed in a gold frame and matted in fabric-covered beige matting. Finished with a gold fillet and covered with UV-resistant acrylic. All materials are acid free.