This Piece Has Been Sold
|Musketeer Behind Nude Woman
(Series 347, Plate 175) Original Etching
|Framed and Matted in
|Click on Image for Closeup View||Click on Image for Closeup View|
Original etching in black ink on Richard-de-Bas laid paper (watermarked La Celestine) by Pablo Picasso. Titled Musketeer Behind Seated Nude. Unsigned. Dated June 21, 1968 in the plate. This is plate 175 from Picasso’s famous Series 347 etchings.
400 unsigned copies were published in the book La Celestine in 1971. This etching came from that edition. (There were also signed and numbered editions on wide-margin paper apart from the book edition.) References: Bloch, Picasso: the Printed Graphic Works, 1968-1970, Vol 2, 2004, Bloch 1655. p. 155. Cramer, Picasso: the Illustrated Books, 1983, Cramer 149, p. 358-361.
– Title: Musketeer Behind Nude Woman (Series 347, Plate 175)
– Artist: Pablo Picasso (Spanish, 1881-1973)
– Date: 1968
– Edition size: 400 on Richard-de-Bas laid paper
– Image size: 4-3/4 inches H x 3-1/2 inches W (12.1 cm x 8.9 cm)
– Sheet size: 8-1/2 inches H x 6-7/8 inches W (21.7 cm x 17.5 cm)
– Frame size: 13-1/2 inches H x 12-1/4 inches W (34.3 cm x 31.1 cm)
Framed in a gold frame and matted in fabric-covered beige matting. Finished with a gold fillet and covered with UV-resistant acrylic. All materials are acid free.