|L’ Ecuyere Original
|Framed and Matted in
|Numbered in Pencil Lower Left||Signed in Pencil Lower Right|
Original lithograph in black ink on wove paper by French artist Georges Rouault. Signed in pencil lower right; numbered in pencil 22 of 25 lower left. Third state before addition of the “GR” monogram in the lower left. Published in 1926 by Edmond Frapier, Galerie des Peintres-Graveurs, Paris.
Listed as number 318 in the catalogue raisonne of Rouault’s graphic works. Reference Rouault: Oeuvre Grave, Francois Chapon and Isabelle Rouault, Editiones Andre Sauret, 1978. Vol. 2, Pp. 274-5. The plate was cancelled after the printing of the 5th state.
– Title: L’ Ecuyere (The Equestrienne)
– Artist: George Rouault (French, 1871-1958)
– Year: 1926
– State: Third state before addition of the “GR” monogram in the lower left of the image
– Edition size: 25
– Image size: 13-1/2 inches H x 8-5/8 inches W (34.4 cm x 21.8 cm) w/full margins
– Frame size: 25 inches H x 21 inches W (63 cm x 53 cm)
– Provenance: Exhibit Making Merry: The Circus and Carnival in Graphic Art, Oct. 2008-Jan. 2009. Portland Art Museum, Portland, Oregon, USA.
Conservation framed in black and gold molding, with a tan linen matte, and matching gold fillet. All materials are archival quality. Set behind a UV-resistant acrylic cover.
Price is $1,895 USD. J D Smith Fine Art will provide a Certificate of Authenticity to the buyer. A copy of the exhibit program and supporting paperwork will be provided to the buyer. Free shipping to North America on this piece. Insurance included in shipping.