This Piece Has Been Sold
|Lait pur Sterilise Lithograph
|Lait pur Sterilise Lithograph after
Steinlen Framed and Matted
Original lithograph printed in colors on wove paper. Lifetime impression after Theophile Alexander Steinlen (Swiss, French). Transcribed from Steinlen’s original large size 1894 poster for a local dairy.
This image, Lait pur Sterilise, was publshed in 1896 in Les Affiches Illustrees, a collection of small sized poster images for art collectors in 1896 by Ernest Maindron and was printed at Imprimeire Chaix in Paris. G. Boudet was the editor. Edition size is 1,025 copies; a great many have not survived in good condition. Many have not survived at all. The sheet was inspected apart from the frame and found to be in excellent condition.
– Title: Lait pur Sterilise, from Les Affiches Illustrees
– Artist: Theophile Alexander Steinlen (after) (Swiss/French, 1859-1923)
– Year of publication: 1896
– Image size: 9 inches H x 6-1/2 inches W (23 cm x 16 cm)
– Sheet size: 12-1/4 H inches x 8-3/4 inches W (31 cm x 22 cm)
– Frame size: 19-1/2 inches H x 16-1/2 inches W (50 cm x 42 cm)
Conservation framed in wood frame with bronze highlights. Finished with black acid-free matting. Set behind a UV-resistant acrylic cover.