|L’Argent Original Lithograph
|Framed and Matted L’Argent
Original Lithograph after Toulouse-Lautrec
Original lithograph in colors on wove paper after Henri de-Toulouse-Lautrec. From the 1920 printing of 200 copies for the publication Lautrec by Theodore Duret. Based on the original 1895 program for the Theatre Libre for a play titled L’Argent.
The subjects are the actress Arguillere and the actor Henriot. This image shows the strong influence of Japanese prints on Lautrec, with its expressive outline and large flat areas of color. This edition is noted in Wolfgang Wittrock, Toulouse-Lautrec: The Complete Prints, No. 97, Vol. 1, Pp. 254-255.
– Title: L’Argent (also A Gentleman and a Lady)
– Artist: Henri de Toulouse-Lautrec (after) (French, 1864-1901)
– Year: 1920.
– Edition size: 200 (from this printing).
– Image size: 8 inches H x 5-3/4 inches W (20.3 cm x 14.6 cm)
– Sheet size: 10-3/8 inches H x 8 inches W (26.5 cm x 20.5 cm)
– Frame size: 23 inches H x 19 inches W (58.4 cm x 48.3 cm)
Elegantly framed in an antiqued pewter finish frame. Finished with double matte. All materials are acid free and archival quality. Set behind a UV resistant acrylic cover.
Price is $880 USD. J D Smith Fine Art will provide a Certificate of Authenticity. Free shipping to North America on this piece. Insurance included in shipping.