|Le Missionnaire Le Loge au Mascaron Original Lithograph||Framed and Matted Le Missionnaire Original Lithograph|
|Click on Image for Closeup View||Click on Image for Closeup View|
Color lithograph on wove paper after Henri de Toulouse-Lautrec. A lifetime impression. A fine example in olive, red, yellow, and black.
Transcribed in 1897 from Lautrec’s 1894 work for Le Theatre Libre for the play Le Missionnaire. The image, Le Loge au Mascaron Dore (The Loge with the Gilt Mask), was published in Les Programmes Illustrees des Theatres et des Cafe-Concerts, a collection of programs for theaters and cafe concerts. This series was published in 1897 by Ernest Maindron and printed by Imprimerie Eugene Verneau in Paris. Edition Size is 1,025. Many of these have not survived in good condition like this one; many have not survived at all.
– Title: Le Missionnaire – Le Loge au Mascaron
– Artist: Henri de Toulouse-Lautrec (after) (French, 1864-1901)
– Year of publication: 1897
– Image size: 8-7/8 inches H x 7-3/8 inches W (23 cm x 19 cm)
– Sheet size: 12-1/2 inches H x 9-1/2 inches W (32 cm x 24 cm)
– State with simplified text; separate from actual program cover.
– Frame size: 19-1/2 inches H x 17-1/2 inches W (49.5 cm x 44.5 cm)
Conservation framed in elegant antiqued gold French style frame. Finished with off-white linen matting and antiqued gold filet. All materials are acid free. Set behind a UV-resistant acrylic. This printing is noted in Wolfgang Wittrock, Toulouse-Lautrec: The Complete Prints, Volume 1, 1985, page 86.
Price is $2,600 USD. J D Smith Fine Art will provide a Certificate of Authenticity to the buyer. Free shipping to North America on this piece. Insurance included in shipping.