Original crayon, brush, and spatter lithograph in colors on wove paper by Henri de Toulouse-Lautrec. Cover executed in 1897 for the publication Au Pied Du Sinai. From the regular book edition of 355. The cover was for a book written by George Clemenceau on the Jews. The lithograph was published in 1897, while the book was published in 1898. Margins appear on all sides that were to be folded over to form the cover. Vertical crease down the middle where the cover was to be wrapped around the spine.
Watch a background video on Lautrec’s La Pied Du Sinai by the National Gallery of Australia.
References: Jean Adhemar, Toulouse-Lautrec: His complete lithographs and drypoints, 240; Gotz Adriani, Toulouse-Lautrec: The Complete Graphic Works, 213; Wolfgang Wittrock, Toulouse-Lautrec: The Complete Prints, 188.
– Title: Au Pied Du Sinai Couverture
– Artist: Henri de Toulouse-Lautrec (French, 1864-1901)
– Date: 1897
– Edition size: 355 from regular book edition (380 total including the deluxe book edition)
– Image size: 10-1/4 inches H x 16-1/4 inches W (26 cm H x 41.3 cm W)
– Frame size: 27-1/2 inches H x 21-1/2 inches W (69.8 cm H x 54.6 cm W)
Framed in a wood frame with gold highlights. Double matted in acid-free materials and covered in UV-resistant acrylic cover.
Price is $2,100 USD. J D Smith Fine Art will provide a Certificate of Authenticity to the buyer for the piece. Free shipping to North America on this piece. Insurance included with shipping.