This Piece Has Been Sold
|Psalm 2 Original Etching
and Aquatint by Marc Chagall
|Psalm 2 Etching Framed and
Matted with Signature Page
|Hand Signed in Pencil
on Signature Page
|Click on Image for Closeup View||Click on Image for Closeup View||Click on Image for Closeup View|
Original etching and aquatint in black and yellow on Arches paper by Marc Chagall. Also included is Marc Chagall’s signature in pencil on the inside title page for the portfolio. Titled Psalm 2, the etching shows images based on the artist’s interpretation of the psalm. This etching was one of 32 from the 1979 book,The Psalms of David, published by Gerald Cramer. This is the first etching in the book. From the unsigned edition of 175. (There was also a signed and numbered edition of 40 apart from the book.) The book is referenced as number 108 in Cramer’s reference work Marc Chagall: The Illustrated Books, Pp. 314-317.
– Title: Psalm 2 with hand-signed inside title page
– Artist: Marc Chagall (Russian/French, 1887-1985)
– Year: 1978
– Etching image area: 8 inches H x 5-3/4 inches W (20.5 cm H x 14.6 cm W)
– Title page/etching matte window Size: 9 inches H x 6-3/4 inches W (22.9 cm H x 17.1 cm W)
– Frame size: 18 inches H x 24 inches W (45.7 cm H x 60.1 cm W)
This etching and title page are both in excellent condition. They are framed side-by-side in a modern gold frame and double matted in tan and charcoal. Covered with UV-resistant acrylic.