This Piece Has Been Sold
|The Framed Face Original Etching
by Paul Cesar Helleu
|Helleu Etching Framed and Matted
Using Acid-Free Materials
|Signed in Pencil by Helleu Lower Left|
Original etching in sanguine ink on cream color wove paper by Paul Cesar Helleu. Lifetime impression. Signed in pencil by the artist lower left. General dating for this piece is ca. 1900 (no catalogue raisonne exists for Helleu, so dating for most of his pieces is approximate). Edition size is unknown, but most of his editions are small. The sheet was inspected apart from the frame and found to be in excellent condition, with some toning from prior matting.
– Title: The Framed Face
– Artist: Paul Cesar Helleu (French, 1859-1927)
– Year of publication: unknown, ca 1900
– Image size: 11-1/2 inches H x 16-3/8 inches W (29.2 cm x 41.6 cm)
– Sheet size: 15-5/8 inches H x 19-1/2 inches W (39.7 cm x 49.5 cm)
– Frame size: 22-1/2 inches H x 27-1/2 inches W (57.1 cm x 69.8 cm)
Conservation framed in gold frame with red overtones. Finished with a beige linen matte and gold fillet. All materials are acid free. Set behind a UV-resistant acrylic cover.