This Piece Has Been Sold
|Jeu de Cape Original Lithograph
by Pablo Picasso
|Framed and Matted Picasso
Lithograph Jeu de Cape
Original lithograph in black ink on creme wove paper by Pablo Picasso. Titled Jeu De Cape (Pass with the Cape), the image shows a matador in the ring using his cape to pass a charging bull. Dated 6.3.61 in the stone.
This work was originally published in 1961 by Mourlot of Paris. It was included in the publication A La Toros Avec Picasso, published by Jaime Sabartes in 1961. The stone was ground down after printing, so no additional prints could be pulled. References, Fernand Mourlot, Picasso Lithographs, M248, p. 272; Cramer, Pablo Picasso: The Illustrated Books, Pp. 280-281, Bloch, Picasso: Catalogue of the printed graphic work, 1904-1967, Vol. 1, 115, p. 219.
– Title: Jeu De Cape (Pass With The Cape)
– Artist: Pablo Picasso (Spanish, 1881-1973)
– Date: 1961
– Image size: 12 inches H x 9 W inches (30.5 cm x 22.9 cm)
– Sheet size: 12-1/2 inches H x 9-1/2 W inches (31.8 cm x 24.1 cm) with full margins
– Frame size: 21 inches H x 18 inches W (53.3 cm x 45.8 cm)
Framed in a dramatic black frame with gold highlights and a gold fillet. Matted in an ivory acid-free matte and covered with UV-resistant acrylic.