This Piece Has Been Sold
|Le Matin Original Mezzotint Etching||Framed and Matted in Acid-Free Materials||Signed in the Plate Lower Left|
Original mezzotint etching in brown/black ink; chine collé on think wove paper by James Jacques Tissot. Titled Le Matin (In the Morning), the image is of a maid bringing in the morning meal on a tray. As can be seen from the photo below, the work is signed and dated in the plate by the artist. Printed in 1886, this is from the second state (of 2) with a printed title. Worthy of a museum collection. Reference, Wenthworth, James Tissot: Catalogue Raisonne of His Prints, 82, p. 326.
– Title: Le Matin
– Artist: James Jacques Tissot (French, 1836-1902)
– Date: 1886
– Edition size: 650 (all states; approx. 200 with title)
– Image size: 19-1/4 inches H x 10-1/4 W inches (48.9 cm x 26.0 cm)
– Sheet size: 28-1/4 inches H x 21-1/2 W inches (71.8 cm x 54.6 cm)
– Frame size: 36 inches H x 27 inches W (91.4 cm x 68.6 cm)
Framed in a classic gold French frame and matted in tan linen matte with gold fillet. All acid-free materials. Covered with UV-resistant acrylic.